Data protection at a glance
FREQCON GmbH appreciates your interest in our products and services and your visit to this website. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable using and sharing your personal information. At this point we would like to inform you how we handle your personal data, when and why it is collected, used and how it is kept securely. As changes in the law or changes in our internal processes may make it necessary to adapt this data protection declaration, we ask you to read this data protection declaration regularly.
As the person responsible within the meaning of data protection laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is:
Phone: +49 (0) 5165 291760-0
1. Collection and Storage of Personal Data
When you visit our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the file accessed,
- website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability as well
- for other sales purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
2. Nature and Purpose of the Use of Personal Data
a. We may use your personal information to contact you,
- if there are urgent safety or product recall notices that we need to communicate to you, or
- if we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal data will prevent or reduce any harm to you. It is in your interest that we use your personal data in this way.
- to prevent fraud and other criminal activity;
- to conduct credit checks for financing;
- to correspond and communicate with you;
- to create a better understanding of you as a customer or visitor;
- for network and information security, so that we can protect your information from loss or damage, theft or unauthorized access;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (e.g. if you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will indicate this on our suppression lists in order to comply with your request);
- for the purpose of corporate reorganization or restructuring or the sale of our business or assets;
- for the efficiency, accuracy or other improvements to our databases and systems, such as combining systems or consolidating records we maintain about you;
- to enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to institute or defend legal proceedings; and
- for general administration including the management of your requests, complaints or claims and the sending of service notifications to you.
b. We can use and process your personal data if you have given us your consent to do so:
- to provide brochures and other material that you have specifically requested from us;
- to contact you by e-mail, post or telephone with marketing information about our products and services (see the Marketing section below for more information);
3. How long do we keep your Personal Data
a. The duration of the storage is determined by the purpose and the legal requirements.
b. We do not store personal data in an identifiable format longer than necessary.
c. We may need your personal data in order to assert legal claims or for legal defense.
d. We will generally store your personal data for a maximum of 10 years.
Deviations from this period may be made if:
- we are required by law to retain the data for a longer period or if we need to delete the data earlier,
- you request that the data be deleted, and we are not obliged or entitled to retain the data
4. Rights of Data Subjects
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right of rectification, cancellation, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on the details thereof (Art. 15 GDPR);
- to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us (Art. 16 GDPR);
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims (Art. 17 GDPR);
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in so far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse to have it deleted and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims (Art. 18 GDPR) or you have lodged an objection to the processing (Art. 21 GDPR);
- to receive your personal data, which you have provided us with, in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible party (Art. 20 GDPR);
- to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue data processing based on this consent in the future (Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR) and
- to complain to a regulatory agency. As a rule, you can turn to the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence, workplace or our office (Art. 77 GDPR).
5. Revocation of Consent and Right of Objection
You can withdraw your consent to the processing and storage of your personal data at any time. An informal letter or an e-mail to email@example.com is sufficient for a revocation.
The same applies if you object to the processing of your personal data for reasons arising from your particular situation or if you object to direct advertising. In the latter case, the objection will be implemented by us without additional information (Art. 21 GDPR).
6. Security Measures to Protect the Data Stored by us
If we collect personal data, we store it on specially protected servers in Germany or in the European Union. Access to this data is only possible for a few specially authorized persons who are involved in technical, commercial or editorial support. In order to prevent loss or misuse of the data, we take extensive technical and operational security precautions, which are regularly checked and adapted to technical progress. We would like to point out, however, that due to the structure of the Internet it is possible that the rules of data protection and the above-mentioned security measures may not be observed by other persons or institutions that are not within our area of responsibility. In particular, data disclosed in unencrypted form may be read by third parties – even if this is done by e-mail. We have no technical influence on this. It is your responsibility to protect the data provided by you against misuse by encrypting it or in any other way.
a. Usage of Cookies
b. Consent and Rejection of Cookies
We allow you to block the reception of cookies that are not necessary for the core functions of the website. Once you have set your cookie preferences, we will adhere to the preferences you selected in the cookie settings tool. Please note that you will need to reset your cookie settings if you delete your cookies or switch to another browser or computer.
a. Matomo web analysis service
On our websites we use Matomo (open source web analysis service), a self-hosted software to collect anonymous usage data for this website.
Data on visitor behavior is collected to identify potential problems such as pages not found, search engine problems or unpopular pages. As soon as the data (number of visitors seeing error pages or just one page, etc.) is processed, Matomo generates reports so that we can react (layout changes, new content, etc.).
Matomo processes the following data:
- anonymized IP addresses by removing the last 2 bytes (i.e. 126.96.36.199 instead of 198.51.100.54)
- pseudo-anonymized location (based on the anonymized IP address)
- date and time
- title of accessed page
- URL of accessed page
- URL of the previously accessed page (if this is allowed by the page)
- screen resolution
- local time
- files that were selected and downloaded
- external links
- page loading time
- country, region, city (with low accuracy due to IP address)
- main language of the browser
- user agent of the browser
- operating system
- Interactions with forms (but not their content)
b. Server Logs
When you use this website, the request is logged by the website host (Telekom). This log contains your IP address, which identifies you indirectly via your internet service provider. The recording of this data is required by law and necessary for security purposes. There is no possibility to opt out, but the data will never be used for other purposes.
c. Basis of the legitimate interest
The data processing is based on the principle of legitimate interest.
Processing the data helps us to find out what works and what does not work on our site. For example, we use it to find out whether the content is well received or how we can improve the structure of the website. Our team benefits from this and can react to it. Because of the data processing you will benefit from a website that is constantly improving.
Without the data we could not provide the service. Your data will only be used to improve the website usage.
d. Recipient of the data
The personal data are sent to:
- us (the marketing and sales team of FREQCON GmbH)
- the person in charge of the website (simonsdesign)
- the host of the server (Telekom)
- mailbox for contact form (Microsoft Germany)
e. Details on transfer to third countries
The data of this website and Matomo are hosted in Germany. The data never leaves the EU.
f. Rights of data subjects
Because Matomo collects data based on legitimate interest, you have the following rights:
- Right of access and data transferability: You can request all your data at any time.
- Right of cancellation and rectification: You can request at any time that we delete all your data completely.
- Right of objection and limitation of processing: You can object to the data collection at any time by ticking DoNotTrack in your browser.
g. The right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority
If you think that the way we process your data with Matomo is against the law, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority.
9. Plugins und Tools
a. Google Web Fonts
This page uses so-called web fonts, which are provided by Google, for the uniform display of fonts. When you view a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display text and fonts correctly.
To do this, the browser you use must connect to Google’s servers. This tells Google that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest in the sense of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
You can find further information about Google Web Fonts at: https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq/
10. Transfer to Third Parties
Due to legal requirements we are obliged in certain cases to pass on your personal data to third parties. This is the case, for example, if there is a suspicion of a crime or misuse of our website. We are then obliged to pass on your data to the responsible law enforcement authorities. If we make use of third parties for data processing in order to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you (so-called data processing on behalf of third parties), these companies are contractually obliged to handle your data with care, in compliance with data protection regulations and in accordance with our instructions, and neither to use it for their own purposes nor to pass it on to third parties.
11. Further Information and Contacts
Please contact us if you have any further questions on the subject of “data protection”. Our data protection officer Andrea Erdmann will be happy to help you. You can ask at any time whether and which of your data are stored with us. In addition, you can send us information, blocking, deletion and correction requests regarding your personal data and for revocation of consents granted, as well as suggestions by e-mail or letter.
You will find further information about our company, details of the persons authorized to represent us and also further contact details in our imprint on our website: https://www.freqcon.com/imprint/